About Me

My photo
Magnolia, AR, United States
I was born in Port Angeles, Washington. Later, when I was 8 years old, my father moved us to a place near Sweet Home, Oregon, where he built us a house from scratch, while working as a logging truck driver. My younger brother and I played constantly together until I was eight years old, and much of our present abilities were developed through our early relationship.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What a Great Life!

Yesterday I finished the first phase of some very needed home maintenance.  Water was leaking into the laundry room in three places, ruining the floor ceiling and parts of the wall.  My golden retriever, Max, adds to the problem by scratching the doors.  Then I met Willie, who had just returned to town to be with family, and needed work.  He knows how to do everything.  So he completely repaired my laundry room and back porch, adding plexiglass where faulty screening had been,  He painted the dormers high up under the peak or the roof, and installed new shutters on some of my windows.  He repaired the concrete porch, and then painted it a maroon color that makes the porch blend with the multi-color red brick.  He did a beautiful job refinishing the lattice style metal fence on my front porch.  He repaired the leaks on the roof, something that a variety of roofers have not been able to accomplish.  My home and business office are in the same house, so all my clients are complimenting the progress.  He even helped me discover some secret storage space in my small master bath.  So I got new towels after 30 years with the old ones, and new matching throw rugs, and now the place is very much improved!

3 comments:

  1. I like your choice of backgrounds, very fitting for you.

    I know and hope you enjoy blogging as much as I have! It takes time to get followers, but it will happen little by little. It's amazing how people interconnect by looking at one blog and connecting with another.
    Mine has been a blessing to me, and I hope yours will be to you!

    It's so good to hear that you have a handy man who can do so many things! It sounds like he will be a blessing to you, and I'm sure he appreciates working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dolores. I will put a link to your blog just as soon as I figure out how! Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks very pretty. :-) I think you will enjoy blogging...it's a great way of meeting other people and also a great way to learn about new things others are interested in. The best way for people to "find" your blog is to visit other blogs and leave comments. They will then click on your picture next to your comment and come to yours! :-)
    Congrats on all you and Willie have been able to accomplish! I know it's a relief to you.
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete