About Me

My photo
Magnolia, AR, United States
I was born in Port Angeles, Washington. Later, when I was 8 years old, my father moved us to a place near Sweet Home, Oregon, where he built us a house from scratch, while working as a logging truck driver. My younger brother and I played constantly together until I was eight years old, and much of our present abilities were developed through our early relationship.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Nancy Rescued Me, But I Take Care of Her, Max and our Home

I was eight weeks old, and having a terrible time.  I was sick and hungry, and running free on Jackson Street.  I smelled food at Bayou Bistro, and thought that surely someone there might have some food for me.  So I crossed that busy street, and went up to the first car that pulled up.  When the door opened, I put my feet on the dashboard, hoping for some help.  The woman took me into her car, and later to her home.  I was so small that I got out of the fenced area, but no way was I going to give up on this nice home!  I just ran right to the back door, and Nancy let me in again.  There was a big Golden Retriever there, and he just ran right over me!  That was Kelly and it took me several years to win Kelly's love.  But I always loved him, and grieved terribly when he died.  So Nancy got me another Golden Retriever, and this time, I get to be boss!  Max and I play together, and are perfect pals.  And we both love Nancy.

I always know when Nancy is going to have clients.  She starts getting ready, and when she puts on her shoes, I know the moment is about to arise.  Ten minutes before they arrive, I start checking the office door.  I am still shy with strangers.  Max just runs right up to them, and sometimes he uses that huge body of his to block me from getting attention from our guests.  But Nancy protects me, and makes him move aside, so that they can give me some attention too.  All together, we have a great life!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww.... Missy sounds like such a sweet and dependable dog. She is so lucky/blessed that you found her.... and it sounds like you are blessed with her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pets are such a blessing to us. She's one smart dog to know to start checking the door just by your putting your shoes on! :-).
    Your blog looks great...and love the pics of all the improvements you've made on your house!
    Hope you're enjoying blogging!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for encouraging me to do this. One more way to exercise my brain, have some fun, and who knows, even help a few people! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete